Tequila Lime Syrup for Fruit Salad
1 cup sugar
2 cups water
1 Bunch fresh mint
1 Large lime, juice of
3 Tablespoons tequila
1. Carefully wash the mint leaves removing any bruised leaves or stems.
2. Place sugar, water and mint leaves in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower the heat and continue to simmer 15 minutes, occasionally scraping down sides to make certain all sugar crystals are incorporated.
3. Add the tequila and continue to simmer an additional 5 minutes.
4. Turn off heat and add the juice of one lime. Let syrup cool to room temperature.
5. Strain out the mint and refrigerate the syrup until ready to toss with your fruit salad.